MY LIFE ISN’T PERFECT BUT I AM
Pastor Bill Stevenson & Justin Mosher
August 22, 2021
- The _____________________ of Salvation.
- What are we saved _______? “For God chose to save us through our Lord Jesus Christ, not to pour out his anger [wrath] on us.” 1 Thessalonians 5:9
- _________ does the saving? “For
God saved us and called us to live a holy life.” 2 Timothy 1:9 (NLT)
- _________ does God save? “God
sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him.” John 3:17
- How do we _____________ salvation? “It is the power of God at work, saving everyone who believes—the Jew first and also the Gentile.” Romans 1:16 (NLT)
- Three Central _______________ about Salvation.
- Not by works but ____________. “God saved you by his grace when you believed. And you can’t take credit for this; it is a gift from God.”
Ephesians 2:8-9 NLT
- Not initiated by us but ________. “When we were utterly helpless, Christ came at just the right time and died for us sinners.” Romans 5:6-8
- Not an afterthought but an _________________. “For you know that God paid a ransom to save you from the empty life you inherited from your ancestors. And it was not paid
with mere gold or silver, which lose their value. It was the precious blood of Christ, the sinless, spotless Lamb of God.” 1 Peter 1:18-20 (NLT)
- Five Things that Hold People Back from _____________ the Free
- _________________. Psalm 73:3 (NLT)
- _________________. Ecclesiastes 2:1 (NLT)
- _________________. Ephesians 6:12 (NCV)
- The _____________. Ephesians 1:7 (NIV)
- The _____________. Luke 13:3 (NIV)
- The _______________________ of Salvation.
- God has declared us ____________. “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have
eternal life.” John 3:16 (NIV)
- God is at ______________ with Me. “Therefore, since we have been made right in God’s sight by faith, we have peace with God because of what Jesus Christ our
Lord has done for us.” Romans 5:1 (NLT)
- God has determined that _________________ can _____________ me from his
___________. “And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love.
Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell.”
Romans 8:38-39 (NLT)